Newly acquired

Newly acquired by Nor Salman
Newly acquired, a photo by Nor Salman on Flickr..
Via Flickr:
Just got this yesterday night. Paired it up with my Contax Planar and took some shots with it.
Anyway, this was taken with my KM 7D and Helios 442.

Introduction.

I have been using a DSLR equiptment since I can remember. I started with a Minolta 600si. And because of that, I have collected many, many A mount lenses. When the camera tipped over at Changi Beach because I had forgotten to flip out one of the tripod's leg, the mirror unhinges itself and pierce through the shutter curtain. I could say that that was the moment, when my passion for photography started to go downhill. I moved on to the 8000i and then the 9xi. I chose both because I need the pc sync chord to activate the strobes I used in my friend's studios. But nothing could re ignite the passion I once felt when I used the 600si.

The middle.


And then came the KM7D. It was one of the first digital dslr that could accept the numerous A-mount lenses in my collection. When I first heard about it, I went to Singapore Expo and bought the body, the vertical grip and the flash, all for about $4000. I felt the spark.

Nevertheless, work has taken a firm place in my life and I soon has lesser and lesser time to abuse the KM 7D. That was a few years ago. Now I have the Nex 7.

Further down the middle.


I am no computer pixel peeping geek. I don't bother for Chromatic whatever and what not. I am only concern that the picture the camera produce is what I wanted. That aspects, I leave it to my friends who are more enthusiastic in those areas.

This camera does its job well and it does it so effortlessly! Everything fell into place neatly. The camera has been with me for about a week, and I have yet to read the manual. Perhaps, my experience with the Nex 5 helped but the camera can't be more similar as it is different. Its slightly bigger but Sony has manage to come up with a just nice configuration. It works for me. And the viewfinder is a god sent! Look into it and its like you are looking into HDTv. All the information that you can find on the LCD screen can be found in the viewfinder.

And its a handsome one! I like the looks of it too. Much more than i like my KM 7D. The camera comes with a SD card which is a class 10 and the 24mb raw files transfer into the card almost immediately, unlike the Nex 5. I heard that there is a class 16?

And when the shutter fires, it is orgasmic. For one who is used to clunk of the nex 5, the click of the 7 shutter is like a lullaby. It soothes you, makes you more relaxed and excited at the same time. Makes you want to think more of your composition, your iso settings, your other settings or / and posture and then squeeze the shutter over and over and over again! And then again! End results are images that you might not have gotten if you only squeeze the shutter just once or twice...

A friend noted that the raw files at iso 16oo reveals details in shadow areas that seems to be indicate that its one of the better sensor he has ever seen. I hope that that is a good thing, because I don't think I would want to shoot dark spots. Photography is about light and making use of the light to create moods, tones and in the end, and image. I have been creating images with this camera. But such inputs from friends who know what they are talking about really adds to your confidence in using the camera. This belongs to one of them.

I wished I could say more such as the technical specifications but I am not interested in those. Anyways such information and more exhaustive information can be found elsewhere. Here for example.

Good shooting people.

Slim



Comments