Mushrooms

Mushrooms by Nor Salman
Mushrooms, a photo by Nor Salman on Flickr.

I shot this using my oldish Nex 5 and a SONY A mount 30mm 2.8 macro. I love the combo. But it would not be possible without the LA-EA2 adapter.
I first bought it for the nex 7. It works well with it. And then I heard that there is a firmware upgrade to the NEX 7. After upgrading it, I surf the sony site and realise that the NEX 5 has a firmware upgrade too. This upgrade allows the the NEX 5 usability with LA-EA2. And I have been using it ever since. I say. I am loving it. The AF is fast and sure and all of a sudden the NEX 5 does not feel oldish any more.

Another positive thing about using the adapter, is that almost all A mount lens are going cheap, used. I am talking about the classic, like the minolta 50mm 1.4, the 70-210 f4.0... Isn't that great?

Comments