What not to do.

What not to do...
I took this yesterday. I was one of the photographers. I was the cousin of the bride. Now, I have been taking weddings for some time and I want to make one thing clear. This is not how one does it!

A photographer need to be present but not have his presence felt. That to me, is a little too close. The 3 people behind the photographers are the witness and the kadi, wating for the bride to append her signature on the marriage certificate.

One should stand at least 3 steps further away and to take as little time as possible. One do not take 5 shots and then asked the bride to pose holding the pen, while one adjust and take another 15 shots. I knowthe d700 (the model he is using) has a burst mode, but I am sure the bride, the kadi and the aunts and uncles also have their burst mode on their own.

One do not, seriously, do not leave one's gear (bodies and lenses) lying around the wedding hall. I had to scoop up his lenses and placed it so that it will not be stepped upon. My aunt had to hold on to one of his d700 so that people will not step and trip over its straps. Come on! What are you? A baby that needs to be taken care of? Even the bride had to hold on to one of your lenses. I bet if I took off with one of your fish eye lens, you would not even notice.

Things to do
A photographer is in charge of the event, especially the events which will lead to the many important shots. A simple as "can you help by gathering all of the bride's family so that I could take a family picture" would be nice. And please. do not disappear once the concerned persons have started gathering... Sheesh!

I am upset. I am upset, that I have to clean up after his mess. I am upset that my aunt is upset..
I am upset that my cousin's wedding was almost a disaster just because the photographers take so long...

"Hey bro, next time use a video camera where you can snap stills while the video is being recorded."

Slim

Comments