Busy busy

Lately

Been acquiring several new stuffs lately and thus did not have the time to post reviews of the ones that I bought.

Anyway as per my last post, this post is about the pictures that I took with the the Panasonic 14mm. As I have mentioned before, there are many sites that specify the specs of this lens. This post is about the pictures that are produced using the lens and the angle of view offered in using the lens. Many would aspire and be inspired by the 35mm and the 50mm lens when they pressed their shutter buttons. I am not here to dismiss such notion, just to provide a good, very affordable alternatives to those angle of view (AOV). And this lens for m43 system, is fantastic.

I got it used at SGD $150. I got it at clubsnap.

The 14mm, taken using the Panasonic 12-35mm


Amazing
14mm is amazing on the GX1. Its light and its contrasty. It AF fast enough and I like it too much to sell it.

Pasar Malam
Brought out the GX1 with the 14mm 2.5 and had some, as Robin Wong puts it, some shutter therapy. I took it out to a typical night market across the road from my place and took several pictures with it. I had it at 2.5 most of the time. Although I did shoot a great deal more, there are only so much keepers.
Not because of the lens or cameras, but because most of the stalls in the night market were already closing up. It was their last night and they were moving off somewhere else to set up shop.

Closing shop
I used the Holga presets in LR 5 as I think those presets added some drama to the shots.

Chillies on the floor.
Adam wanted some kebabs, so while I waited for the kebab seller to made me mine, I snapped a few where I stood.

Muhammad, the moroccan kebab seller.

The kebabs were made by this Moroccan guy named Muhammad. If not for my son, I would not have buy the kebabs. It almost tasteless. But the experience of getting to know him was priceless.

The meat
This is an unedited image from LR. You can see the layers of meat that is side grilled. This sight, I am sure is seen in many other parts of the world. I bet, that the meat could have more taste. Those are chicken meat by the way.

Roasting Cashew nuts.
Another unedited picture. This one showing the casher nuts being roasted.

The night market
The night market, or what colloquially known as "Pasar Malam" is a time when stalls hawk their wares at night. Things that are typically sold here ranges from fried foods, and freshly fried foods, to mattresses and pillows, but none of them high class brands. A good source of unbranded or "branded" clothing's can also be found here.

To conclude, the 14mm, giving a 28mm angle of view is indispensable. I have sold off its 20mm cousin as I have, with me, the Panasonic Leica 25mm. If one were to have only that lens stuck to their camera body for a day, one will realise how the change in their pictures can be dramatically changed because of the AOV. This is not to say that there is anything wrong with the other AOV lenses available but one should give it a try. There are other lenses that can give a 28mm AOV, but none is as light thus as unobtrusive and as compact as this lens. Even if you do not use it everyday, I would not recommend you selling it.

Slim. Up next my Panasonic 12-35mm review. I am so excited.

More of my pictures using this lens can be found here.






Comments