50mm 1.4 Canon LTM

Delivery
I just took delivery of a new camera toy. Bought it from an ebay seller in Japan. The thing is beautiful. Its silver and chrome and goes very well with the Xe1. Was surprised at the speed of delivery but thankful as well.

Before I continue, I would like to say how sorry I feels for the terrorist attacks in France. My prayers go to the family members and the individuals who has suffered.

Back to the lens.

First impression
This lens has a good heft. Feels solid in the hand. Aperture values are changed in the front of the lens,  much unlike the aperture rings in Fuji and Nikon lenses. There is a knurl tab which I think can be used to aid in focussing but also serves to lock the focussing ring. I did not know that at first and the focussing ring refused to budge as I tried to turn it. Luckily I did not break it.

Anyway here is a picture of the lens and a snapshot I took of Tari with the aperture wide open.

Front of lens.

Snapshot, wide open.

Hope to have more shots tomorrow.

Comments