Olympus 35mm f2 on the Em5.

Blushing
I have always have GAS, but this time the feeling is different. I think I could have found my holy gear. I mean that in a positive way. Seriously, I have never thought about zuiko lenses until I was searching ebay and found a picture of a zuiko 50mm 1.8. That sort of tickle my GAS bones for a bit. Just a bit but enough for me to google about such lenses.

Too my dismay, there is not much positive things on the net that I could find. But did that stop me? Heaven, no! I went into carousell and there were 2 sellers selling the zuiko 35mm f2. One was selling for SGD$500 and the other $200. Why the discrepancy. Again, google was my friend, and it turned out any olympus zuiko F2 primes are worth checking out.
Compactness was the only thing going for them, I decided to get one. It was love at first sight. Coupled with $300 EM5 and a $4 adapter, it was the sweetest thing my eyes has seen.

The set up.
Apart from the aperture ring being at the front of the focussing ring, it appears and works like any other lenses that I owned. Or so I thought. The magic happens when you look through the viewfinder. The contrast that the lens gives coupled with resolution in the viewfinder make focussing so enjoyable. Black and white pictures looks just like what you expect. Images in colors comes out pleasing. I love this setup, that I am begining to wonder if I should couple the lens with my Fuji. The smooth focussing ring really adds to the enjoyment of photo taking with the lens. Here are come pictures.











Bear in mind that when shot with the M43 EM5, the focal point of view is about 70mm. The minimum focussing distance is still 0.3m, thereabouts. 

Shooting with this set up makes me feel good. I am now currently looking for a 50mm 1.4 and a 24mm f2.8.

More pictures are updated here.

Comments