Empress Road

Food.
It always has to do with food. In this case, I was looking for breakfast. I know that there was Adam Road, but I wanted something more old school, less hipster. The Malay styled Mee Goreng, as opposed to Mee Goreng Mama, was appealing to my inner needs.

So there I was, enjoying my Mee Goreng, when I realised I had my A7m2 with me. I had not taken the Minolta 28mm 2.8 A-Mount off it, so I thought why not have a go in documenting this place.

I have not actually went on the slightest walkabout in that place, Empress Road thus I would be truly seeing the area with virgin eyes.

Start.
To start my walk, there is a covered linkway from the car park to the Food Center. There is a lift serving alternate decks.

Covered Linkway. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

Birds.
The food center is spacious and is filled with beautiful people. As I was walking back to my plate of Mee Goreng with my drink in hand, I saw several people hovering near my table. Apparently seeing that I was confused, one of them said that the birds were already attempting to have their own Mee Goreng, at my expense. Thanking them profusely, I then proceed to enjoy my quiet, enjoyable moment.

Inside the food center. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

I then start my walk. But not after noticing the brilliant blue of the sky above. Took out the camera and went on a spray and pray spree. It felt wonderful.

Blk 8, Empress Road. Minolta 28mm 2,8 AF

Since its nearing Singapore National Day in a few days time, many household has taken to flying the national flag.

Its a long block. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

14th Floor.
Not contented in just being on sea level, I decided to go up to the 14th floor. Of course, I am in half a mind to just go to the car and drive back home. But I did go up and I was very surprised.

Leedon Heights. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF


Leedon Heights. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF


View from the 14th Floor. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF


The 14th Floor Lifr Lobby. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF


The 14th Floor lift lobby. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

Leedon Heights. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

From the 14th Floor. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF


From the 14th Floor. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

From the 14th Floor, Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF
Ground level.
Took some pictures too at ground level. This looks like a sleepy neighbourhood, with activities by the people staying there moving twice as slow. Not that I am complaining, in fact I find it refreshing, If you look at the map, Empress Road is as central as central could be. Its bordered by Bukit Timah and Holland Road. A very prime location.

Making a call.. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF. Black, cropped in LR.

Sundry shop, cropped in LR. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

Tired. Cropped in LR. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF

With the Leedon Heights Apartment in the background. Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF
The End is just the beginning..
I hope to come here again, next time with a wider lens.

Pictures and EXIF data can also be found here.

More pictures using the Minolta 28mm 2.8 AF can be found here.

In the meantime, keep on shooting.



Comments