Loewen Road, Dempsey Hill or Tanglin Village.

That area. 

Is known by many names. I will add "the place where I sent my wife to work" as another one. It has a kampung vibes to it that seems to slow down time.

Seems that it used to house soldiers from another country. I am glad they did not make it a place to house those infected with the Covid-19 virus. Its much too decrepit.  However it is tranquil and I can be certain, that during its busiest, this caters to a certain unique crowd. Mostly those with a more expensive taste.

But as I started to document the area, I realise that many spaces are empty spaces. The economic downturn have a very profound effect on the businesses there. If not for the various  privately-run schools, I bet this place would have become a ghost town.

I cannot walk far from a place I can access to chairs and the lot, so I did not manage to cover a larger area.

Empty spaces. Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.

Empty Spaces. Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.
Trivia, that an older Singtel logo. Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.

If only these roofs can talk.Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.

Frangipanni. Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.

There are still human activity here.Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.

Worker maintaining the area. Xpro1 and Touit 32mm 1.8.


With the current Covid-19 gloom and doom, one has to be careful and adapt to the this new normal. Wearing masks, working from home and not being able to be in large groups. I hope it will pass soon and this "new normal" will become the "new normal in the past".


All pictures taken using the Fujifilm Xpro1 and the Touit 32mm 1.8.

You can view Exifs data here.

Pictures using the Touit 32mm 1.8 can be found here.



Comments