Fujifilm 35mm 1.4

The pioneer. 

A lens that is just waiting to be reincarnated to its Mark 2 but only variants of it has surfaced. Its one of the first Fujifilm lenses that was released. Its small, its compact and its a legend. This is a lens that begs to be shot at its widest aperture. The sharpness, or the level of sharpness and unsharpness wide open, lends character to the picture. True, its an APSC lens giving a FF equivalent of 50mm. But I have yet to get my hands on an AF, modern 50mm that renders image like this one does.

To reinvent itself, Fujifilm has introduced the 35mm f2, and the XC 35mm F2. It has most recently introduced the 18mm f1.4, and also the 50mm f1. But the nifty 35mm 1.4 is the one! Thats the one that one should have or at least shot with it if you are using an X mount camera!..

Whetting your appetite.
Pic here.

Food photography, studio or even as a walk around lens, this lens excel. The more you use it, the more you will love it.


Not on talking terms.

Pic here.

 

In a studio.

Pic here.

Could it just be the focal length? I don't think so. And I am not alone in thinking this way. Click here for Ken Rockwell review.

Is it perfect? No, of course not. But its imperfectness makes is a perfect package. I sold the lens, thinking the 50mm FF fov can be quite limiting, but I bought it bask as I missed it. Its not getting away from me again.


Meli in black and white

Pic here.

This lens is built to be future proof. The image it renders can be had from the vintage xpro1 to the latest X mount cameras. Some may argue that its AF is slow as compared to the more modern lenses, I will argue that that is one of its charm. It does lock focus, its bright, and its responsive.


Should you get the it, even if you have the newer variants? Sure. I would. 


Thank you for reading.

Comments