Customs

Film simulation.

Just finished a walk and shoot session this morning. Still with the Olympus 40-150 4-5.6 plastic fantastic lens on the Pen F. This time, I adapted a film simulation to the Pen. I think its a refreshing change. Its supposed to emulate Kodachrome 25, but I have never shot with that film so I cannot comment on its accuracy. What I do know is that I like it. I am liking it so much, that I have set the custom settings to one of the my customs function. Which by they way, is also my first time using such function. Normally I would just shoot normal jpeg and raw.

The nice thing is that if you shoot Raw + Jpeg, you will still have your Raw files to play with. The settings will not affect your Raw files, maybe your iso, but that should be it. I am having fun playing it with.

Pictures shown were taken not far away from where I am, being covid-19 and all that, with us still being in heightened phase 2.

Pictures are also uploaded to my flickr album here.

Again, thank you for reading.










For those who have not try film simulations, I recommend that you try it. I know that there is a trend in film simulations on Fujifilm cameras. I have yet to try them on my Fujifilm cameras. Pictures are edited using Olympus Workspace.

Here is youtube video by Rob Trek that gor me started. Click here. 


Again, thank you for reading.

Comments