Free stuff.

Free is good.

A few years back, when I was starting out into Micro Four Thirds, I came across an advertisement for a used Olympus EP3. It was white and it came with 2 lenses. Did not care much about the lenses as, at that time, my thinking of kit lenses being rubbish was still very much alive. However, I stumbled upon Rob Trek's video on how highly he regarded the Olympus 40-150 f4.5-5.6 lens, that make me want to do a try out. Bear in mind, I have always shunned zoom lenses, they being big and heavy and all, as compared to primes. Thus, I have to dig deep.

By the way, you can view the video here.

Also bear in mind that I have used this lens before, and its all plastic, light and plasticky and all that. Not to mentioned I hardly used this focal length. So deep in I went, into my dry cabinet. And I did, I dug deep into my dry cabinet and found it, still in good condition, just like new. I stuck it on my PenF and, it balances so well. Started to get excited.

Brought the set up to the beach, of all lenses, and started to take pictures. I must say, it was quite an enjoyable experience. Its not heavy, not that big but still plasticky however, it focuses very well,

So today, I decided to familiarise myself with Olympus Workspace. I have only ever known Lightroom to edit my pictures, so after the initial 5 minutes, I was almost about to give up. So, I said to myself, why not add another 5 minuites? And yeah, for a 49 year old man, I started to get the hang of it. Did I  also mentioned that its free? 

Anyway, here are some edited pictures using the PenF and the a fore mentioned lens and also the free Olympus Workspace software,

I have uploaded  more pictures using the lens, but not necessarily using the PenF here. On my Flickr page.

 

Su, on the beach chair.

Resting.

Su and Idris playing on the beach.

Cracks on a fallen tree.

Su having a virtual conversation.

Su's Aunt, came to visit during the weekend.

 

The lens is still on the PenF and hopefully I get to go out and shoot more often, Hopefully, I would post more sample pictures here, or even more probably, I would be posting those pictures on my Flickr page.


Thank you for reading.

Comments