Fujifilm 10-24mm OIS

 05th September 2023.

I am so excited. I have just got myself the old, but new to me, Fujifilm 10-24mm F4 lens. This lens must be about or at least 7 years old. Got it for about SGD$500.00. Have always wanted this lens, but it was too expensive at that time. Average going rate for a used one is about $700 upwards. New ones cost about $1200 upwards. I guess I can say it was a lucky score. Currently its attached to my xpro1. It seems to balance very well. Below are two test shots I took while on the way back home.


 
 Exif info here.
 
 


Exif info here.
 
 
Here are some pictures of the lens on the Xpro1. Taken using my Olympus Pen F and the Panasonic 20mm 1.7
 
 
 
Exif info here.
 
 

 
Exif info here.
 
 

 
Exif info here.
 
 

 
Exif info here.
 
 
A couple of pictures as I make my way up to my apartment.
 
 
Exif info here.

 
At 10mm, I find the coverage or the angle of view is outstanding! Look at the edges of the block of flats! They are well corrected don't you think?
 


 
On the wet ground.

This is taken not at the wide end. Loving the well corrected straight lines. Exif info here.
 
 
Experimenting with lines and in monochrome. 
 
 
This is at F4 and possibly at its minimum focussing distance. Exif info here.
 
 
 
Again, in monochrome. Reflections of some buildings in a school. Depth of field is temendous. Exif info here.
 
 
Will update more in this post as I continue to play around with the lens but I thinks that is that or the day.

How do I feel about this lens? Well, honestly, this is quite a change of mindset for me. The widest I have ever shoot with is at FF equivalent of 24mm. This is about 15mm FF equivalent. As in many occasions, I find that I really have to create the vision, the picture in my mind, and then use this as a tool. Romanticism is thrown out of the window in using this lens. 
 
Was this a worthwhile investment? I would like to think so. I think I should challenge myself even more. I will be shooting with this lens a bit more in the coming few days, thus, I should be able to post more pictures. 

Thank you for reading.

Comments