Dauntless.

No Pictures Yet.

    No pictures yet as I am supposed to wait for about 10 working days for any results from my effort to show forth. Yup, 10 working days. That is far far too long to what I am used to. Of course, we are talking about developing and processing a roll of films. More than 25 years ago, the longest time it might taken for me to be given back my negatives and my prints would be slightly more than 24 hours.  Any where!

    Its quite daunting, first to find out that you have to wait for 10 working days to receive any semblance of your hard work. But as it appears, for the younger generation, that that is acceptable. Dauntless to them, yay!

    Its also quite disappointing to deal with the people who manned the shop, who will give blanks looks when you shoot them with questions that is related to the product you are selling but questions that seems, to be blasphemous

Example.

1. Am I getting back my negatives?

--Everything 


2. So what size will be the prints?

--Prints? No prints.


3. So, no prints, how do I see the pictures?

-- We will pass you a CD.


4. But I do not have CD-ROM player, do you upload it somewhere where I can download it?

--No, but if you bring your own thumbdrive, you can use our computers to copy them into your thumbdrive.


5. How big is the scanned file?

--One thousand something...


6. Is that in MB?

-- Let me check. Proceed to take out somebody else's docket and placed the CD-ROM in the computer. Its 16700 KB.


Try to imagine when I asked her if I want a print which is bigger than the normal 4R. Yup, you are right, if you say, that they will not do it, in that particular shop anyways.


So, yeah that was one of the surprise that I got during this, my maiden, process of shooting with film.


    But dauntless I will be as the more I read on the internet, about others who are enjoying the hobby, rhis is as usual as I was afraid it would be. It seems the developing and processing process is not the norm as I thought it would and it can be unique to how every other shop run its business. I went to another place, and its run by an old man and his wife, I think. You can get the negatives back within the day, and the file size can be about 5MB. I know that Allah is the best planner, so I am going to see what will be ins store for me.

    I am half way through my 2nd roll of Kodak 200, this time on Minolta XD and the Rokkor-X 50mm 1,4 and I may try using the mail-order approach or just drop the shop which is about a 45 minutes drive from my place.

    Did I also mentioned, the price of a roll of film with 36 exposure is about $15-$20? That is an astronomical increase in price.


Till next time, next post.

Comments